I am being asked more and more to provide a private and confidential service, this is not something new but becoming more frequent.
You might be in the public eye. It may not be suitable for the industry you work in. Your employer may use facial recognition software! (yes that’s a thing), or you simply would prefer to keep your images private.
I know that in this day an age protecting your family and especially your little ones from the gaze of the internet is paramount in most parents minds, and I think that can create some reluctance in booking a family or baby photography session. There are a lot of “what if’s” that we all worry about as parents and where your images end up is one of them.
For the majority of my clients, this hasn’t been an issue, but I have certain rules to cover this myself.
- If there are any more sensitive images I will always ask before I even take the shot ( breastfeeding in particular)
- I will always check if it’s ok to post an image on the blog, Instagram, etc if I am unsure and also send the particular images I’d like to use. For example, more skin showing or an intimate maternity shoot.
- With general family images, I never include client names, which include the little ones.
- I never sell images to third parties
- I am selective about the images I do post on my website/Facebook Page/ Instagram
Whilst I love to share your images on my website, blog and social media, after all that’s how you see my style and body of work, your privacy is very important to me.
My Standard terms.
My standard contract asks that I can use your images for such things as my website and marketing as standard.
HOWEVER, I have a huge number of clients both past and present, that for various reasons would prefer that I didn’t share their images and that is absolutely fine.
For select client’s, if required a non- disclosure agreement can also be arranged by yourselves.
So let me reassure you, if you would prefer I keep your images under wraps, please request at the time of booking so I can amend your contract. You will then be safe in the knowledge that only you and I will be viewing your images and you have peace of mind.
Have questions? Drop me a line.